Dark Hot Chocolate Cookies

8:30:00 AM


December is a cold month here in Wisconsin, there is a ton of snow and all you really want to do is curl up in front of the fire with a cup of tea or cocoa, or lounge around in the bath. Christmas is also about baking, and while there has been a ton of cookies that have already been whipped up already, I decided to try out a new recipe. 

Because you really cannot have enough cookies. Right? 

Homemade Christmas Cookies


There is an entire can of dark hot chocolate mix in my cupboard and I decided to use some of it up in my favorite form of dessert. Cookies. The first batch I made was awful, and the second was just alright but better and tastier! (They just didn't rise and that's because I didn't chill the dough)

Here's What You'll Need: 
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup hot chocolate mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar 
large bowl
medium shallow bowl

Here's What You do: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat butter until smooth
Add sugars and then beat again until light
Add in egg and vanilla

In separate bowl:
Stir flour, hot chocolate mix, baking soda and salt together
Then combine wet and dry ingredients

*Chill up to 3 hours 
(which I didn't and then I redid the recipe and it worked better) 
If you don't then your cookies will be flatter and that's okay! 

Put powdered sugar in shallow bowl
Scoop cookie dough into ball shape and roll in sugar
Place on baking sheets

Bake about 8 minutes
Hot Chocolate Cookies

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a great holiday and I'll see you soon with more posts! What did you bake for the holiday?  Let me know in the comments! 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. They look delicious, Kenzie! I went to my uncle and aunt's house for Christmas so I didn't get to do any cooking but I'll probably start baking again next week. I have an apple crumble in mind... ;)

    www.memoriesofthepacific.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to read about your apple crumble!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram